Zainab.K - My Disney Daze

"If you can dream it. You can do it" – Walt Disney

About Me

I am…

I am a misunderstood little flame, that isn’t as bright as the vast bon fires flickering and shooting to the night skies but keeps the darkness at rest

I am the unspoken; when they want to speak somehow their tongues are held and their words are in knots

I am a shell, that is tough and hard but once the barrier is broken, the oozing liquid finds it’s way through the cracks

I am someone who is misinterpreted to be read like a glass, transparent and straightforward, when in fact they had missed to clean smudges imprinted from their fingers

I am overwhelmed when the voices begin to bicker and mumble, they screw these repeated in my mind that I can lose control of myself

I am a person who overthinks when I feels someone blame heaving on me, Did I do something wrong? Was it my fault? Did I hurt them?

I am an individual who colors her hand, letting the world know her scars, lines, and symmetry so they can know that she existed leaving a mark.

This poem compared to last year had taken a turn where it was more realistic than idealistic. Even as the theme of my blog is supposed to be more “dream like” or have a “Disney” theme towards it, I wanted to as well address a side of me that may change the readers perspective and open up about the fact that my life isn’t as perfect as it’s centered around to be. Although, writing directly about myself was surprisingly tough to write about even though I seem to be a fairly extroverted person when it comes to talking about it in person. It just comes to show that when expressing my emotions, and writing about myself, I may not seem to be confident as I thought to be. I think I should try to find myself back into my writing so that way I don’t seem off track and develop more ideas. Hopefully, this will be a way to put more flow into my pieces and poems without having to be continuously stuck.

6 Comments

1. lizamkv February 26, 2019

Dearest Zainab,

I absolutely love the simplicity of your blog! It is stunning! The realistic approach you took with your poem was really profound and I could tell you’ve really matured as a writer over the year.

My only suggestion for improvement is to expand your poem a bit more so it’s a little longer. I would also love to know more about your intentions as a writer this year.

Loved hearing this voice come from you,

Liza

• zk123 March 4, 2019

Dear Liza,

Thank you so much for your lovely comment! I’ll be honest with you, not much was coming into my mind while writing this but I hope I’ll be able to extend my poems and stories in the future.

– Zainab.K

2. losscross March 1, 2019

Dear Zainab,
    This is a wonderful about me and it is so nice to see your writing improve after all this time. From the moment I have met you, you have changed to a someone different and it is so nice to see it expressed in your about me. I love your about me from before and I love your new one as well. However you might want to add some end punctuation to some of your run-on sentences. I really hope to read what you decide to post next.

-Melody

• zk123 March 4, 2019

Dear Melody,

Thank you for taking your time reading my About Me! I’ll look into any mistakes I have made so I can fix my punctuation in my future writing pieces.

– Zainab.K

3. mbthoughts4321 March 3, 2019

Dear Zainab,

Wow! I absolutely loved reading your piece! The depth to which you wrote your sentences and used multiple metaphors to represent you and who you are is astonishing to me. I really enjoyed reading your About Me and am glad to know more about the girl that not many people see.

As amazing of a read that your piece was, I would suggest you go over the GUMPS because there were a few places where the spelling wasn’t quite right or punctuation wasn’t accurate.

Other than that, I loved your piece and can tell that you put your heart and soul into it. I’m really excited to read more of your pieces, good job!

– Maira

• zk123 March 4, 2019

Dear Maira,

Your honestly too sweet but yes I’ll try to fix my writing and it’s punctuation errors. Hopefully, this will be better in the future.

– Zainab.K