During February and our discussion of “Love” during class, one of my favorite artists Ariana Grande’s 2018 album “Sweetener” immediately came into my mind as I thought of how fitting her songs are towards Valentines Day. One of her songs known as R.E.M is a very popular song on her album that talks about the idea of how her love towards someone is like a dream and she feels that she is in a state of dreaming. She even made a song one of her former exes that also got released on her album. This is more likely a sweet sentiment to February and the month of love that has passed.

This was a quote that had stuck to me for long time, especially when it came to re-reading the Kite Runner. This quote has been paralleled with moments of grief and victory in the book. I feel the amount of loyalty Hassan has shown towards Amir, just puts the characters into more vulnerable positions. The story behind the character just pushes the meaning of this quote even further as to the extent of Hassan’s loyalty.

During this April, I’ve had such a deep inspiration over roses and trying to create my free choice related towards it. I immediately remembered the enchanted rose from Beauty and the Beast and the storyline behind it. The Beast’s life connected to the enchanted rose embarks such a powerful story on whether the Beast’s love will ever come true. As it is said, roses are a symbolism for love and being giving. I felt this was a perfect story for me to play around with.

The poem “The Toothbrush and the Bicycle Tire” by Sarah Kay is a very clever and funny way of describing love. This poem had inspired me and my group members to make a poem of our own called “The Magic 8 Ball and Book”.

For my “Wheels and Circles” poem, I took the inspiration from a Ferris wheel that I found to be quite interesting to put indirectly into the poem. The central idea was all the events of these “wheels” or “circles” moving did from Liza and Micheal’s Writer’s Seminar but as well the carnival event that took place at our school. I wanted to be creepy but creative when adding something from a “dark creepy theme” into a “fun and lovely carnival fair”.